Plants are an essential part of a terrarium ecosystem. Not only do they provide aesthetics to the build, they are important for the inhabitants of the terrarium, providing shelter and sometimes a food source. The type of live plant chosen for each terrarium is dependent on many factors, including temperature, humidity, inhabitants, and size. One size does not fit all. We carry a wide range of plant types for all different types of terrariums. Some plants could include Philodendrons, Alocasia, Ficus Pumila “creeping fig”, Fittonia, Peperomia, Sansevieria, Pilea, Selaginella, Tradescantia, Crassula, Echeveria, Sedum, and many more. These are just some of the Cactus, Ferns, Mosses, and tropical foliage that can be found. Available in 1in to 4in pots.
Comes in 2” pots in a variety of mosses, Ferns and other epiphytes species. Not only do they provide a beautiful and natural look to any terrarium/ vivarium but helps aid depleting humidity levels, promotes enrichment by providing plenty of hiding spaces and areas to explore. Live moss, such as sphagnum or sheet moss, will act just as any other plant in contributing to the ecosystem of terrarium by absorbing organic nutrients.
2 inch Assorted Moss
- selaginella avatar ‘avatar spikemoss’
- selaginella uncinata ‘peacock spikemoss’
- selaginella plana ‘cypress spikemoss’
- selaginella eryhropus sanguinea ‘ruby spikemoss’
2 inch Assorted Foliage
- alocasia sp. “elephant ears”
- alternanthera ficcoidea ‘christmas tree’
- callisia ‘elegans’
- carex oshimensis evergold ‘ variegated japanese sedge
- chamaedorea elegans ‘neanthe bella palm’
- fittonia albivenis ‘white nerve plant’
- pellionia pulchra ‘polynesian ivy’
- philodendron ‘prince of orange’
- tradescantia ‘nanouk’
2 inch Assorted Ferns
- hemionitis arifolia ‘heart fern’
- nephrolepis cordifolia ‘lemon button’ fern
- pteris cretica ‘ribbon’ fern
Assorted Small Carnivorous plant
Comes in 2” pots in a variety of species like Pitchers, sundews and venus fly traps. Can be a little challenging to care for but do best if kept on sphagnum, or on a peat substrate. Must be kept well watered with either rain water or R.O water. Anything with too many nutrients will choke the plant till it slowly reaches it’s demise. Requires high lighting to produce the best colors and overall plant health and appearance.
2 inch Carnivorous
- dionaea muscipula ‘venus flytrap’
- 2″ nepenthes ‘alata’ tropical pitcher plant
- 2″ sarracenia ‘scarlet belle’
- 2″ drosera spatulata ‘sundew
This collection is a mixture of temperate and tropical varieties of compact and semi-dwarf fruiting plants that are designed to allow gardeners to grow an exotic array of fruit in containers indoors or outdoors. Comes in a 4” pot.
Relatively easy to care for since it does not require to be watered too often but does require higher lighting. Comes in a variety of 1”-4” pots and species.
2 inch Assorted Succulents
- aeonium ‘kiwi’
- crassula ovata crosby ‘dwarf jade’
- crassula mesembryanthemoides ‘fuzzy crassula’
- crassula ovata gollum ‘gollum jade’
- echeveria ‘letizia’
- sedum pachyphyllum ‘blue jelly beans’
- senecio ‘jacobsenii’
- sempervivum sp. ‘hens and chicks’
Comes in 2” pots in a variety of species and appearance. This plant likes to be in a light spot, but will cope with less light and can even tolerate full sun light. Water moderately once a week on average, if hanging in the sun it may require you to water more often. The soil can be allowed to dry out somewhat between watering. Provides a unique look to any terrarium or home!
Assorted Air Plant
Relatively easy to care for and does better in a dry environment. Requires very little water and prefers to be able to dry out as quickly as possible after being watered to prevent mold growth. Come in a variety of shapes and sizes that range anywhere between 1”-3” in length.
Is a type of air plant. Has a unique and beautiful appearance and can tolerate most dry climates. Requires very little water and prefers to be able to dry out as quickly as possible after being watered to prevent mold growth. Medium to moderate lighting. Comes in about 4-6” in diameter.
Can be used in a terrarium or pond application. Prefer to be placed along the water line to achieve best appearance and growth. Most common bog plants are Iris, Canna, Cat tails and taros. Come in 2” pots in varying lengths and sizes. Most can tolerate a variety of harsh temperatures depending on species.